On December 9 during an online meeting SIFI and UN WFP in Tajikistan entered into a new field level agreement for the period 2021-2023.
What awaits primary school students in Tajikistan for the next three years:
- the National School Meals Programme approval — funding for school meals will gradually pass into the hands of the government
- creation of regional centers for the school cooks trainings — cooks trained in all the intricacies of preparing high-quality, nutritious and healthy for the growing body meals will cook for schoolchildren
- development and implementation of optimal school meals models for specific contexts — the school menu will depend on various factors: the presence of school farms, the willingness of parents to make a feasible financial contribution or bring additional food, and much more
- establishment of training centers in schools to educate the population about healthy nutrition among schoolchildren, children under the age of five, pregnant and lactating women
- sustainable food supply chains (production, storage, distribution, processing) — only high-quality products will be delivered to school canteens
- public awareness of the School Meals Programme and the principles of healthy nutrition — moms and dads, grandparents, children and grandchildren — everyone will know what to do and how to eat so that the little student grow healthy and develop correctly
- parents' participation in the School Meals Programme — parents will pay more attention to what and how their child eats at school.